Post(s) tagged with "books"
So, you’ve just read a book and you want to find one just like it. I suggest using Bookish’s search bar. It brings up books in the same genre, and the links to buy them through the site and other places online. The site is also set so you can add books to your virtual shelves, kind of like Goodreads. It’s in no means a perfect place to go, but it’s pretty neat. All around, it’s a great place to find new books!
Sure we’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover but I can’t help that I’m a sucker for nice and clean covers. I’m currently reading Attachments and it’s good so far. I’ll read eleanor & park next and based on the reviews, I’m going to end up liking it as well. Fangirl won’t be out until September but it’s the book I’m most excited about out of Rainbow Rowell’s releases. I mean a book about a fangirl? That’s my story.
Almost didn’t make it… BUT NOT QUITE! Although, I have to say I’m a bit disappointed I couldn’t surpass last year’s figures, which was 134 versus this year’s 121. Never mind, 2013 is another year!
But before we go to the next chapter, so to speak, here are the good reads of 2012:
- How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
- A Pocketful of Eyes by Lili Wilkinson
- How To Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford
- Flat-out Love by Jessica Park
- Breathing by Cheryl Renee Herbsman
- Every Day by David Levithan
- A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley
- After the Leaves Fall by Nicole Baart
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by e. lockhart
- The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta
- Fat Cat by Robin Brande
- Boy Toy by Barry Lyga
- Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
- Love & Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
- Stolen by Lucy ChristopherAnd here are the runner-ups (because I tagged too many ~good reads of 2012 haha):